Gabriele Stamey was born on May 22, 1956, in Worgl, a small town in the foothills of the Austrian Tyrol. From an early age, she followed her chosen vocation as an artist.
After an intensive four-year course of study at the world famous technical school for glass craft and design in Kramsach, she began her career specializing in free-blown goblets and between 1978 and 1986, she established a name for herself as a freelance glass designer.
In 1986, she was one of the first women to join Swarovski’s design team, where she soon won recognition with her designs for Silver Crystal.
Many Silver Crystal lovers still remember Gabriele Stamey’s first designs: the Miniature Hen and the three Baby Chicks from the Barnyard Friends series and the Miniature Cockerel, followed by the Train Set & Crystal City in the early 90’s. She then designed a magnificent interpretation of the Santa Maria, the Cobra, Rooster & many others.
The 1997 Annual Edition (AE) Dragon was her first creation for the Swarovski Collectors Society, followed by Columbine in 2000.
Once married to Michael Stamey, Gabriele still works at Swarovski, but no longer works as a Designer.
Want to Learn More About Swarovski ?
Come JOIN Us! You’ll be Glad You Did!
For Collectors of Swarovski Crystal
© Copyright 1999-2013. Crystal Fanatics Club, Inc.
- The Swarovski Designers: Michael Stamey (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)
- The Swarovski Designers: Martin Zendron (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)
- The Swarovski Designers: Anton Hirzinger (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)
- The Swarovski Designers: Elisabeth Adamer (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)
- The Swarovski Designers: Max Schreck (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)
- The Swarovski Designers: Adi Stocker (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)