If you are a Swarovski ‘Crystal Fanatic’, you may have some questions about the various logos you will find on your crystal pieces. Here’s the scoop:
The Old Block SC Logo
The Block SC Logo was originally used on the Silver Crystal product line. The Block logo is the letter C with the letter S inside the C; it was used from 1976 to 1988. The logo signifies authenticity and tells you the piece was produced during those particular years.
The Swan Logo
Replaced the Block SC logo on Silver Crystal products in 1988 and is still in use today. Pieces with the Swan logo were issued in 1988, or later.
Were both the old and the Swan logos ever applied to one piece?
For crystal that retired before 1988, you will only find the Block SC logo. However, for crystal that did not retire until after the Swan logo was introduced, those particular pieces can be found issued with either the Block or Swan logo, but not both logos on the same piece..
Is one logo more valuable than the other?
Not particularly, but, if there’s a choice, collectors seem to ‘value’ a piece with the old logo on it more.
We should mention that NO Logo does not necessarily mean that it is not an authentic Swarovski issue.
There are reasons there can be no logo:
- It’s too faint to see
- It’s between glue joints, applied prior to assembly
- Very old pieces did not have logos applied, like some of the older paperweights
- Early Christmas ornaments did not bear a logo because at that time, they were part of the Giftware Suite product line.
- Sometimes, a product leaves the factory by mistake without a logo.
Have you ever seen the Swan logo applied backwards! ???
Very few exist, but they are out there. Now that would be a ‘find’ for any Crystal Fanatic!
Other Swarovski issues have their own particular logos. For example, the E&R, Trimlite, & Julia’s World, all have their own specific logos. You can see them in our FABULOUS CFC PHOTO GALLERIES!
Want to Learn MORE About Swarovski ?
Come JOIN the Crystal Fanatics
For Collectors of Swarovski Crystal
© Copyright 1999-2013. Crystal Fanatics Club, Inc.
- DID YOU KNOW? A Change in the Swarovski Crystal ‘Formula’ (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)
- Swarovski Boxes – Are They Crucial? (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)
- Swarovski Changes, Reorganizes & Renames Its Product Lines (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)