The Rhinoceros was issued by Swarovski in 2008. Designed by Anton Hirzinger, it is a Numbered Ltd Ed of 10,000 issued for SCS members.
It is quite huge in size: 11 4/5 x 5 3/4 x 5 inches (30 x 14-1/2 cm) and bears the Swan logo.
The process to obtain one consisted of filing an Application form with Swarovski dealers; the process began in July 2008. Then, Swarovski called you to order it if your application is chosen. Distribution strictly through Swarovski was probably to keep it from being sold on eBay prior to the issue date. Therefore, everyone paid FULL price for it.
Because this issue was a serious flop for Swarovski, the total distribution is less than 10,000. It sold for $4,125 and its value is more than likely pretty much substantially less because of the dislike for this piece by collectors.
Many collectors also felt this was issued too soon after the 2006 NLE Elephant (normally NLE’s in the past were issued every 3 years), alienating them more.
There are MORE than 10,000 Photos in CFC’s FABULOUS Photo Gallery of your favorite crystal.
NO one else online has so many photos of Swarovski Crystal!
Want to Learn MORE About Swarovski ?
Come JOIN the Crystal Fanatics
For Collectors of Swarovski Crystal
© Copyright 1999-2012. Crystal Fanatics Club, Inc.
- The Black Bull Special NLE 2005 (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)
- The Swarovski NLE Peacock (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)
- Swarovski Wild Horses – 3rd NLE (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)
- The BULL – Swarovski’s 4th NLE (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)
- Swarovski NLE Eagle (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)
- Swarovski NLE Elephant (crystalfanatics.wordpress.com)